Thursday, August 03, 2006

University life

I register for the upcoming fall term, I am taking three courses - a total of nine credits. I also spoke with my enrollment advisor and he said once he gets the official transcript from Duquesne those courses I already took there will fall into the three almost identical courses at Point Park. If you log on at Pointpark and go to the graduate degrees you will see the masters program in education. There are two the first one is a master in education without the teacher certification, they always had that but the new one is below it. The differences are this: more courses are required by the State of Pennsylvania to be certified as a public school teacher. First day of class is August 28th and if I am successful I will complete all the course work by the end of next summer and in the fall of 2007 I do my student teaching. I'll make sure not to repeat my buddy Anthony's mistake! Little humor, I did talk to him earlier and he is enjoying what life is like in Vegas according to him the poon patrols are easier to obtain that goal.

At work today the upper managers where out of town today, it must of been about maybe 10 am I get a email copied to the whole department that the section manager is having a meeting today at 11:15 and we were all told not to be late. So we all gather in Eric's old office and the conference call begins. First of all he explains the latest accomplishments then explains that our customer service center in the great State of Michigan is laying off a few dozens employees. They explained that they are new hires and the department had prediction that they would need ex number of employees to handle the expected call volume but then realized they overstaffed so they decided to reduce staff to cut costs. New employees were let go first! Made me think but also it made a number of other people think about it to and this one gentleman named Bob who has a little more the 34 years with the company left that meeting upset. He does not trust them at all and he explained to me that if he had it to do over again after his last position was transferred to Cleveland he would of took the severance package that offered to him. You know teachers don’t get downsized or outsourced!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home