Sunday, July 30, 2006

Northway

I went to Northway last night, I chose to go to the Saturday night service and I was what I remembered except the have one new pastor instead of Pastor Dave they had a new guy names JR. He looks to be my age and speaks in a way that I can say that I can relate... the sermon was one that was moving - it touched me in so many ways I can not begin to describe it. At the end of sermon the pastor asked everyone to to bow their heads and close your eyes and asked everyone who feels as if they could use - i can not explain exactly the way he did it basically it was if you want to know God, Jesus and you feel as if you need a improved relationship with both to prayer with him then afterwards he asked those who did to lift their heads and look at him so that he could agree, if two or more agree it strengths again i can not explain in words what he did I wish I could but I did that night. I understood what he meant and I looked up ... i'll be back again next week.

It's funny I grew up in a Jewish-Christian household, my dad was Jewish and my mom was Irish/Christian I often explained that I Have the best of both worlds I am Jewish and Irish but my friends would reply and say yeah that means you are a cheap drunk. In all seriousness growing up in the household I never had much faith in either religion but it grew stronger when I did attend regular worship service at Northway. I got to start trusting and believing again, I want to and I intend to. In God I will trust...

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Isn't it amazing that as a child you are born with faith, you know that there is a God, that it lives in heaven and it makes everything right.

But, as you become older you become jaded and confused and you just end up loosing your faith, or at least questioning it.

Oh, to be a child again in that aspect eh?

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger kaz said...

I think it's good to question, good to think because in the end if you have that faith you question, then something has happend or occured in which God has showen himself to you.
It's great your going back i'll keep you in my prayers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home