Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday thoughts

I had a Newly minted twenty – not even one year old, (as well as newly minted), and its gone now. Where did it go? Oh yeah happy hour at the old dog! Its not like I have recently been introduced to the phenomena of “going out after work". Been going to quite a few and in the past they were held at Quaker Steak and lube then North Park Lounge… now it’s at the Ugly!

This "going out after work" consists of, after a hard day of work, heading out (with people you don’t know or want to know) to one of the many local establishments that host a couple of hours of cheap beer and free food.

Oh and they call it” Happy Hour”.

Now this "going out after work" really never occurs during the week unless you happen to be on East Carson or as I like to call it bar avenue because during the week most people can’t cause tomorrow a work day. Anyway, I’ve partaken in a couple of these outings as they allow for me especially when the bank crew picks a joints in the Southside I always have a easy quick exit. it’s always just a walk, skip and a jump … sometimes a stumble and I’m home. I am trying to be more social or maybe it socialized. Whatever...

Friday “going out after work” is slightly different it seems because for most of the people there is no work to be done on the “morrow” (as I like to call it when I’m feeling Shakespearean), and this allows the “going out after work” to become “going out tonight” and that is never a good thing. It also means that a whole new group of people can take part; the people who do not have the strength to “go out after work” when they have to get up the next day; this means only one thing and that is that these people drink more than the others and they become more obnoxious and their total ignorant persona is allowed to creep out for all to see. Or maybe just for me to see I don’t know.

To cut to the chase, because I am falling asleep as I am sure you are by now, tomoorow evening there is a large group consisting of a range of people age twenty- one to maybe forty five or so and Lori may be going... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home