Wednesday, July 19, 2006

blogging under the influence - again

That's right. It's the "post happy hour after kim’s invite season," and I'm Blogging Under the Influence again.

I was planning on taking a few days off from the bar, but there's something about the dozen or so glasses of CUBAN rum that makes me want to share my thoughts with the rest of the world. I would have done it in the bar I was just at, but the music was too loud, and I get the feeling that nobody would have enjoyed what I had to say.

What I want to say consists of two (2) things. I will now present each of these things in reverse order of importance, meaning that the least important thing will come first.
1. Just a friendly reminder: The left lane is for passing. The middle lane is for cruising. The right lane is for traveling at irritatingly low speeds, and for entering and exiting the freeway. Wait a second... 95% of PA highways are two lanes except for that new section of highway on 376 west! Next prehappy hour commute, please do your best to remember this. I spent a little too much time behind mini-vans in the left lane traveling at ummmm … 50 MPH today.
2. If I were the wealthy parent of a child between the ages of 12 and 18, I would immediately purchase a laptop PC for him/her. The combination of OneNote and Encarta would be so incredibly helpful for school that it's mind boggling or do I mean bloggoing? I remember the "good old days" when I had to use that stupid index card system to find books in the library. SHIT I think I just gave away my real age! The books were all indexed with really intuitive labels like "A.028fe222." I don't want to say that this is the reason I was not all into education, but let's just say that it pissed me off a little that it often took in upwards of five minutes just to discover that the book I wanted was already checked out. Being able to carry all those books around in a laptop pc would be a huge improvement.

You know, while I'm on the subject, I'd also like to say that a laptop pc would be awesome for college students. I know it isn't likely to happen anytime in the near future, but it would be incredible to be able to purchase all your textbooks in e-book format and then read them on a pc. The only thing getting in the way that I can think of is the small problem of the Mafia running every college bookstore in the country. With books selling for as much as a couple hundred dollars a copy, it seems unlikely that many publishers would be willing to let profits slide for the convenience of publishing to the e-book format. Guido's probably going to come and break my legs just for mentioning it.

This was a nerdy post perhaps I post a picture of my foot or tummy or ummmm … Johnson?! I am so happy and drunk tonight - i love my new coworkers but I sure do miss the old time poon patrols even through i was not to good at getting the poon.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger kaz said...

laptops are great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home