Thursday, August 03, 2006

A christian thought of thanks

I posted this on another blog of mine and it was asked why did I not post it to my other blog because after all it is still my thought so I copied it over and deleted that one. My original post begins: Sometime ago I took three classes at Northway Christian Community, my church at the time. The classes were part of their Journey 101: connecting with our church family and I earned a certificate on the top part of that certificate it is written "We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers..." it's from l Thessalonians 1:2 and well when I think about everything in my life I have so much to be thankful for. I must give thanks for my job, it's challenging at times and also a bit frustrating at times, I also want to give thanks for my health, my family especially my big brother Shawn P. for it was him who first introduced me to Northway. I know that I have not gone in ages but when I think about that time in my life it was picking up steam getting better with each passing day. I had a wonderful job, I was making money, I was saving, digging myself out of debt and I was not stressed about anything. I also had made some wonderful friends that I wish I could express how much being their friend truly meant to me but most important I had a sense that as long as I trusted in the lord he would take care of me. Here is a confession when I was still temping at FedEx before they hired me I was so stressed about them doing the final background check on me. That background check was checking with my then ex-employer PNC Bank and anyone who recalls the story I told about my PNC days will know. Anyway it was a Friday and I gave my completed application to FedEx HR and they were checking the reference and I was so stressed that they were not going to hire me I drove down to Mckeesport to this other company that was always hiring and I knew I would get hired but when I got their I parked for a second then drove away and as I drove away I said "Trust in the lord and the lord shall provide" I also asked him to help ensure that all goes well and they hire me. Thats not the only time, there was another time when I was giving up on higher education because I was enrolled in a major that was not in my heart, I picked it because others told me to do it as once I completed it I would make boo-who bucks anyway I got to the point where I did not want to continue and I felt like a total loser because I spent all this money and I had nothing to show for myself then as I was driving out to church one Saturday I asked God for direction, I was lost and I did not know what to do. Could not go backwards, could not continue on my present course and then it hit me ... go to Point Park. They have degrees that you can earn in less time then it was taking you at the other college so that Monday I called Point Park explained what been going on and applied. They accepted me about a week later and I got my acceptance letter later that week. Those are just two examples that when I believed in the Lord he came through for me and I felt better about me because I had something more in life. It's hard to describe so with this blog I plan to explore my spiritual side again.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger kaz said...

yeah, It's still your thoughts :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home