Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Catch up

Scotty blogging here to discuss a religious holiday. What holiday you ask? Well it is St. Patrick's Day. *sigh* Glorious St. Patrick's Day...

St. Patrick's Day in Pittsburgh, much like New York, Boston or Chicago I am sure brings out the worst amateur drinkers known to man. And that maybe true, but I don't let 'em spoil a fine holiday.

I still love it here in Pittsburgh the most. Sure Pittsburgh and New York have good celebrations. But in compared to what the good drunken citizens of Chicago did, they dyed their river Green. No one can beat that not even Boston! Pittsburgh has a St. Patrick's Day Parade. I call it a parade but Downtown Pittsburgh becomes a drunken zone of stupid people and college kids thinking they are bad asses cause they are drunk. The Southside Irish are perhaps the worse. And perhaps the Southhills Irish – everyone is Irish on St. Patty’s day. I'm probably missing some other smaller ones.

What's the difference between the Southside Irish and the SouthHills Irish? Nothing except Southhillians are snobbs... I kid, I kid!

Really, there isn't much difference. It just gives us yet another parade to watch and excuse to drink. Anyway, we Irish would celebrate Spleen Day with a Harp or Guinness if such a day existed. *raises glass to Spleens everywhere*

So look for more on the holiday about St. Patrick - the patron saint of Guinness! - in the coming days maybe not.

You know the Irish only give one day to getting short-faced well the Germans dedicate a whole month to getting shit-faced so why is it the Irish have the stereo-type of being drunkards? Well I know you probably want to know what I did so here it is, I left my place at 10 in the morning not sooner do I get two blocks then I see my first drunken bar brawl in front of Smokin’ Joes then about five minutes later and 8 blocks down at a joint called Jack’s Bar I see my 2nd this time there are not just one police car but four and the police were in fact arresting one helpless gentleman. I finally make it to Station Square run into Mike, (IT dept) and his wife Hillary. After that I did run into Jim, and ever so briefly Jason or better known as Slink. I leave Station Square and made my way back to familiar territory – yes you guessed it Dees and there I made a new friend. Alison was nice and all even went as far as to invite me with her and her crew over to the Smiling Moose but I did not want to go. I was more concerned with running into someone at the smiling moose more then I want to continue the conversation with Alison. So we parted company and I had back … oh by the way the drunken bar brawl count stands at five and no I was not in each one but that was the number I witness that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home