Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's been awhile

Don't know where to begin, I guess my birthday was nothing to speak of. My big brother took me to Nakama in Historic Southside for dinner. It is a Japenese Steakhouse, good food - never ate there before even through I lived in the Historic Southside for about a year now. I just like saying historic, cause really what it means is old. After that we went to his favorite hangout then called it a night, the next evening I ended up going to Casey's drafthouse for cheap beer special. yes tis was a cheap evening of drinking with the old FedEx coworkers. Two out of the three old crew members showed up but that was cool. Poor Jason got asked to leave as he was a bit sloshed by 1am, i ended up allowing the drunken ex-coworkers to crash on my couch.

Work is good, I have been given private client accounts... promotion?! Still debating that it is a headache working those accounts as they have lots of zeros that I can mess up on. Over all it is fun, yes fun. I have a three day weekend cause Monday is President's day... yeah! However I got a something very tough waiting for me on tuesday, I did a loan were it was for a construction company, (no specifics cause I am bound by confidentially agreement) were they were consolidating to of the loans into one. They wanted to keep one line of credit open open but leave to loans opened underneath that main line. Unfortunately because I could not just de-link one and add it to a existing line, I had to RESET (the ugly word for a banker) the one loan and set up a new loan to the existing line and also to the other exisiting loan. I had to play with that for three days to get it to work correctly... it also billed a invoice in error. Oh yeah not s simple 20 dollar invoice either- nope! It billed 52,000,000 dollars... the officer that handles that customer was cool about it. He said he would follow up with the customer and tell them it was a early April fool's day joke. I am coming up on my official anniversary at the new job and also another day with some significant memories for me. More about that another day for now things are going well except for my private life. Since the disagreement over a coach purse I have had little luck with the opposite sex. For the first week I questioned myself about being to cheap, maybe I should of purchased one? Then I was thinking that no it was only date three, and those type of purchases are best left for a more meaningful relationship. If you know what I mean? I do not mean to sound cheap but like I mentioned befor if we were dating for a lot longer then we have and perhaps were more serious I would not have throught twice about it. Was I wrong? Someone validate my decision...

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I'm with you on the lady friend sitch. I've been married for 6 1/2 years (almost) and I would never ask Jake to buy me a gift that cost more then our monthly car payment. To ask someone that I've been on 3 dates with to fork out that much bank is ridiculous.
I'm backing you up on this one. The whole bag thing pisses me off and I wasn't even involved. I think you did the right thing.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger kaz said...

Yep - i'm with you - no way! I think it shows you what type of person she is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home