Tuesday, January 30, 2007

MY PHILOSOPHY OF TEACHING

My first assignment in dignostic teaching: My philosophy of teaching is largely a reflection of my philosophy of living or I should say my newly adopted philosophy of living. I believe that each day we each are both an teacher and a learner. And if we are quiescent, our lives truly become enriched by these experiences. I promise to always encourage my students to develop a lifelong commitment of personal growth through their own awareness, and to see the beauty in life that surrounds them and that is from within. I promise that I will always try to inspire them to achieve excellence within their own individual academic pursuit.

I believe that the interaction between teaching and learning is an intricate one. As a teacher, I see myself as a facilitator of learning. I try to set the stage for learning to take place by creating an informal, stimulating and creative environment. I have found that where there is interest and motivation without fear of condemnation there is most often learning taking place. This is especially true in Language Arts classrooms, where I believe motivation is critical for success. Maintaining a balance of intrigue and victory provides a nice structure for students to achieve mastery and appreciation.

I view each student as an individual and honor different learning styles, abilities and frustrations with sensitivity and respect. This is where patience and accommodation is an integral component of my teaching style. Indeed, I believe in support and encouragement for all of my students.

In order to implement my philosophy, I try to be an example and share my own views and experiences and how I have changed as a person and continue to grow. I also prepare many different types of lessons and challenge commonly held beliefs about the nature of Language Arts. I encourage my students to look for and appreciate the elegance of the of the English language in their everyday worlds.

When I first began teaching, I modeled my teaching style after a mixture of good professors and teachers I have had. As I progress over the years as a teacher, I shall gain confidence, experience through teaching and professional development, and mostly I will learn from my student’s ways to improve my teaching so as to be a more effective teacher. I continue to look for and develop innovative methods to reach my students my job as their English teacher.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Oberon said...

......love your mark twain quote.....they should've made him president......you're doing a great job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home