Thursday, January 25, 2007

An lesson in banking

This is a long story... sometime ago I use to work for PNC Bank NA and for the longest time I did not know what the NA stood for. Then one day I remeber I was in the PNC training room with Tracy and we were discussing that, both had our own theory as to what NA was. Then we each had to log into a computer and the first screen that came up was one that was validating our employee number and the intials NA was spelled out ... National Association. We both looked at each and said it about the same time! Well that was then and just recently I learned how important those two letters are to a bank with my current employer. You see as a National Association within the United states a bank operates as one corporation in several states without that NA that bank has to registered as a seperate company in each state it does business in.

Okay that was dull, sorry. I have a funny story now today I was coming back from lunch and Auto (Auto is a automated mail clerk. I call it auto, but it goes by many names by many people. Some call it R2d2, others Robbie the mail clerk, the mail clerk, IT, but i prefer auto.) Anyway I was coming back from lunch and Auto was making it afternoon rounds so as it approached my department I expected it to open the door like it always does but not this time Auto runs into the door then started beeping for assistance. I ended up helping pull auto off the door and reassembling him or her if you prefer so that it can complete its afternoon rounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home