Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 A year of ...

2007 has begun, and it promises to be a turbulent year. but hopefully a fun one, too.. given my uncertainty as to what (or where) i'll be doing next year 2008, i'm trying to meet up with as many people as possible - pre-christmas 2007. I 'm still enjoying the new job but beyond that i just don't know. i have made no plans for post new years eve.. where did 2006 go? it seems to have raced past. it's been a really eventful year. much of it spent in the surreality of learning a new job before lunging intothe even greater surreality of building a new personal life away from the bars. Of course on a personal level 2006 has also been undoubtably the hardest of mylife so far. but in many ways the most rewarding. i've had a some fun. i have no regrets, okay I have a few. i'm now looking forward to a smoother 2007 as part of working out how i want to sustain myself over the next twelve months (what i want to do for a living) i've been thinking more broadlyabout what i want out of life. there are a few things i want from 2007. Here's the best job i can currently do at summarising those things;

- I wanted to mend "fences" repair damaged friendships of 2006. Alas I do not think that will happen as well I leave it at that.
- i want peace and quiet, and some space to be me but not to much space to become a hermit. this will likely involve moving house, in some way.
- i want a (slightly more conventional?) relationshipbeing single or semi-detached have their advantages, and over this year i have enjoyed being in both of those states. however sometimes i find myself yearning both to give and receive love. to find a soulmate - to be emotionally bound once again. Maybe 2007 is the time to move on and open myself to the possibility of that. i know it can't be forced. and i know that life is surprising.
- i need a holiday for various reasons i haven't had a rest all year. sometime early in 2007 i need to take a holiday. a break. a rest. i need to unplug,disconnect, hop on a plane. go somewhere to remind myself of what i already know... that very little matters. i need to slow down. i need a major perspective experience. i need to unwind. and i think a change of environment will help to reinvest me. rejuvenate or more like it developing a passion for life.
- i want to work towards freedom the freedom to do radically new things. both in terms of how i sustain myself, and in working towards my barn dream. this all means reducingmy debts as the first step. which obviously has a bearing on my immediate work options. longer term i want whatever i do for work to be entirely in line with my beliefs and philosophies and moral code. Which to some whom havea low opinion of me is high. i want to put my money where my mouth is and become an embodiment of what i believe. but this will require hard work in preparation.
- i want to be me i want to make more time to find out what that means. and i want the courage to act on my own revelation.
- i want to simplify i need to normalise a little. i often talk about the benefit of unbalance.but i think that i want to increase the level of balance in my life. i'm not quite sure what this will mean yet. in short, what i'm looking for is a year built on base principles. the most fundamental things that are important to me.

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger It's Me said...

Good luck with your goals for 2007. Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home