Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy belated Martin Luther King day

Yeah it was a happy Monday for me, had a three day weekend so had the day off. To bad it rained all day yesterday but it was still nice to have the day off. Why do we have his birthday as a national holiday but we do not have some like George Washington's birthday as a national holiday? I am mean GW (not to be confused with GWB) is after all consider the father of this Nation. Tis grand to be a banker and have the many holiday off. :) Update on the previous new years eve post of mine, Sar street is really Jane st and Jane is Sara not sure why I get the two confused but I do, I did. The banking job is great, got a great annual review, got a decent raise not a fantastic and I also got some props in the form of private client loans. Yeah they are the big one with 7 digits and up! Had a banker's happy hour on Friday after work so that was exciting. We ended up going to the Ugly dog saloon and I was perfectly fine as I had no intention of drinking to get drunk. After the offical happy hour me and three other coworkers ended up going over to my hood to continue the end of month celebration and drink our pver time pay away at a new place called Charlie Murdoch's place or at I think that is what it is called. It is was Switch which was Halo. Needless to say it was not all together bad evening.

You know the thing I dislike more is when a person thinks they are better then you and attack your character. Nothing is more disgusting then that. For example I get a BS email from a pro-republican friend whom lectures me on the politics and concludes it on how I am not a good American. It is a typical tactic I find, when on a losing side of a argument play the blame game or attack! Say things like, "You need to support our troops." Or the reason why the republicans lost control of Congress and the president populaity is at 23% is because of the biased media whom we all know favors the democrats. (Fox news Vs. CNN)I should responsed like this: Why am I not a good American? because I am not pro-Bush! First thing I do support the men and women in the military and I think they all do a great job unfortuantely the elected leaders that choose to put them in harms way should first consult their concise before attacking another individual's character. Yeah that sort of ticked me off but I am over it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home