Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years

New years Eve was fun, sort of. I had been invited by Cindy - my brother's new girlfriend to a party unfortunately it was in Greensburg, PA. She also introduced me to a friend of hers, Beth. Beth was nice in all but she 41 three kids and has roots in Greensburg... not going to go anywhere :( And I am to much of a gentleman to use her for that other thing. I left there shortly after the ball in NYC dropped and headed home, on the way I saw two bad accidents on the parkway West one involved a SUV that looked like it flipped over several times. I hope no one was killed in that accident. I must of gotten home about 12:45am and of course there was no where to park near my flat so I ended up having to park like 5 blocks down on a stretch of Sara Street - near a ghetto Rite Aid that was in the news earlier in the month for several cars having their winshield smashed in. Needless to say I was not to comfortable parking there but I was sleepy and wanted to just park and get home to bed. As I rounded the corner my next door neighbor was out on his front stoop with some of his crew so we wished each other happr new year and I could tell he was drunk. He looks at me and says" this my neighbor he drives a Saturn, where is the Saturn?" I simply said had to park a mile away, he laughed, staggered, laughed some more then said "hey wake me up tomorrow, we can get our cars from the slopes together- there is strength in numbers" then staggered some more, laughed and said they were all heading up towards Pipers Pub for last call. I wanted to tag along but was to tired.

Next morning when I woke up I took down my Christmas decorations and packed it up then like the silly man I am dragged the box down to my car to take over to the garage at my mother's house to store it. I loaded up my car and headed down Sara street and well I am not 100% sure but I think I drove past someone that I use to know. I am hoping that it was not because I can just imagine the attitude and the topic of conversation. Anyway I am hoping it was not the person that I think it is cause I just know what the attitude will be, "stalker."

It is day four of the new year and last night I realized my old attitude is still holding strong... I got to break the cycle my life is in - I just got to! Why is changing your own thought pattern, your life rut so dam hard?

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Do you think of me when you drive on or past Sara Street? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home