Saturday, May 13, 2006

HATE

The last few weeks I have been filled with a great deal of hate – hate for one person but a certain amount of dislike for another. They are people whom I called friends because they called me a friend but in the end it was just talk. I hate the two faced son-of-bitches! I write how much I hate but then I remember something I picked up from somewhere, I think it was Star Wars episode one: he who gives in to hate and allows it to consume him gives in to the darker side of humanity. Forgiveness starts it, a non-judgmental attitude keeps it going. What is it? Freedom. Freedom from anger, hate, guilt and the past. Forgiveness opens the heart; and allows you to walk freely, securely into the next moment.

"I forgive you, for all the wrongs, I believe you have done to me."

That last line is something that until recently I found I could not say. But what is forgiveness? Is it for both parties? Can you forgive someone and they will hold on to their negative attitudes? I don’t know but I read the following passage from a religious pamphlet and my thought for this posting came from it. Forgiveness is for the forgiver and not the forgivee. Many times have I heard people say: "I will never forgive him/her for what they did to me." Holding back forgiveness is to hold the anger, hate and guilt of the past event. I can not afford the pain of withholding forgiveness. In the spirit world, strong emotions tie people together. For example strong love will keep two persons together and enjoying similar experiences forever. Strong hate will do the same thing. It will tie you to the hated person until the hate is resolved.

Forgiveness cleans the slate of negative emotions and allows a new start. If I can forgive them and they say: "I don't accept your forgiveness." Then know that, if I have been sincere, I have done all I can. In any regards I must Shake the dust off my feet and walk on.

Only God has no need to forgive, since He never condemns or judges. But God can help you to learn to forgive. Pray for the knowledge of how to forgive everyone and everything that bothers you, He will answer your prayer.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Sara said...

It's very kind of you to offer forgivness, or at least consider it. I can't believe that you're quoting a Jedi but the idealology is a good one to think about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home