Monday, May 01, 2006

Steelers, Dees Cafe, Smiling Moose and Willie

The Pittsburgh Steelers No. 1 draft pick was Santonio Holmes and he was officially introduced at a news conference this morning. Holmes was formally introduced at the UPMC Sports Complex in the historical South Side. Also the hood I call home! He was a wide receiver from Ohio State University, Holmes is the seventh wide receiver chosen in the first round of the draft in Steelers history, and the first since 2000. Holmes will be a good replacement for Antwaan Randle El who signed with the Washington Redskins - the traitor! Besides following along with the draft picks I also went out to Saddle ridge with brother again, seems he likes that but for me I do not really care for country music. Afterwards we met up with Derek his old friend from high school - whom is now a doctor! We had happy hour and it was fun and all but I really did not feel much like going out that evening then on Saturday I went out again with big brother but he was tied and we stayed only a hour at Saddle ridge before he wanted to call it a night so he dropped me off on East Carson and I preceeded to Dees Cafe with the intention of having one beer but upon arriving there I ran into William, David, and ... I can not remember his name so I shall call him no name. Anyway we had a round or two, shot pool then played ping pong then went over to the Smiling Moose for last call before I went home. It was fun and all - Bill had given me a printout of his first and last entry of his blog showing a comment that was left on it from the jerk - I am at a lost for words so bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home