Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's Complicated: My personal journey

…to blogging. What did you think I meant? I was re-thinking this blog business thing over the past few months. It’s a lot to keep up with! I feel that I have to update it at least everyday, I admit I have not done so for sometime. When I don’t, I wonder about it. What if someone really important is looking for my stuff? What if the person who visits me everyday stops when that one day they notice I haven’t updated since yesterday! I started 2 other blogs before this one. This is the one I finally decided felt right and wanted people to see it.

I remember the days when blogging was for geeks, but now, it is major industry and people are making REAL money blogging. When CNN and The NY Times have blogs, it’s business. This blogger lady got into the NY Times this Sunday by just blogging about the American queen, Oprah. Bloggers are getting book deals and authors are becoming bloggers. Authors, like me, blog to connect to our readers and build new ones. It helps to create a more intimate following. Yes, Twitter, too.

I’m gonna try to make this blog, I am going to try to advoid getting personal but at times i feel the need to express myself. But that’s always hard for me, or at least now it is! I may also put some excerpt of my new novel whenever that is ready.

I only wish it was that simple. So, anyway, keep coming back. If I don’t update here and there just know you are in my thoughts Make sure you email me, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home