Thursday, February 19, 2009

A circle has closed..wonder what's next?

I have been thinking about this next post since almost 2 months ago, when on the 18th of December I changed jobs..."A circle has closed.."

In July I received early in the morning a message from one of my close friends saying that I was accepted for a position with ... It was an impossible dream, since I was a young I had tried to get in with this company but never had. They had some high requirements (I still believe that the 3 persons I've talked with since those bygone days at FedEx helped me a lot in gaining the motivation to go after this job.. thank you Goose, Slink, Cobra... and the others I don't remember now).

The first thing that came into my mind was am i getting in over my head... and then realized that I can afford driving to town! At times I still miss certain close friends from Halsey Ave, Tracy, Bill, and Charity. I relaized it was the sense of being accepted that I did not want to lose and that was what I held to for so long. So long now that when I look back I am embarrarred. That is another story for different time. From July 2008 to December 2008 It was incredible for me, since this new job was happening in the same time with exciting and at times frustrating presidential election. To cut the long story short, my organizing department experience was shorter than expected due to a situation in which I decided to get involved in (the story is really long and not worth being written here, maybe I'll tell it over a beer). Even if I cried 2 days afterwards, I learned some really important lessons that are still helping me in guiding my life and found a new mentor... the person that was going to be next to me in some key moments in the next 10 months.

As I look back on the last three years of my life, I had the time of my life...and understood what is really important for me. I had the chance to work for the company I tried so long to join and at one time i gave up on but now I am working for an international company, one that I find interesting to say the least. I guess what I am rambling on here is at a time when I needed to be helped by close friends... I was disappointment but I survived and prospered, I made some great new friends and the road of life I now find myself on is promising to give me a international experience I dreamed of since I finished high school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home