Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A lesson

I have been thinking, a great deal about what is important in life. I travel life’s rough roads, some are dark and some are long. At times I often find I have to be strong, or my journey often finds the wrong road. No matter how rough and rocky the road. I was thinking today about how difficult for some people to take ownership in life. Many people walk through life by observing others and commenting on what could have been done better. They make what they feel are astute observations and judgements, but they never initiate change. I see some people every day who have a sour expression on their face no matter the situation. I want to tell these people that they have the OPTION to CHOOSE to live with a different attitude. I have been taught that “it’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it.” I sometimes struggle with this in my personal relationship because sometimes it’s hard to change my attitude. There are many days when I get it right, and many more that I get it wrong. Anyone that has read my previous blog can testify to that! But, i’ve learned from my mistakes. I believe in this journey of life that we all will encounter many “angels”. People who come into our life either for a brief time or for a longer stay to make a difference, to teach us a lesson, to love us and show us that life is not meant to be walked alone, those I hold dearest to my heart are my most precious gifts from God.

I wise friend once said to me, “Do not undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others, It is because we are different that each of us is special." At this time I do not set goals by what other people deem important. Only I know what is best for me. I am am not afraid to encounter risks because after all isn't that what makes life interesting. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave. Do not shut out of your life by saying it is impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give love; The fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly. In addition, I do want to quicken my pace in life but I do not want to run through life so fast that I forget not only where I have been, but also where I am going. After all Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way...

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger It's Me said...

I hear ya! Great post. I'm still around, just been so busy these past couple of months - thanks for the comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home