Monday, February 23, 2009

My weekend

So...I was able to finish up and leave work on time for once on Friday in time to meet up with the old bank crew, and head down to the Grey Goose for Friday happyhour. Wow. Things were moving fast! Out of 10 pitchers, begun at five o’clock, there were only 2 still on, so my buddy Nick had to order three more – his treat with three orders of wings ...and all within five minutes of my arrival, it was sort of a belated birthday treat. About two weeks ago was my birthday. So my ex-coworkers, went out after work. The person I really wanted to meet up with was kathy .

We went to Brew Works, where I got an Ed Bear Stout (nice, drinkable, burnt grain bitter) and Cathy got a glass of wine. I finally got the Seed Flatbread, and it was as good as everyone's said, which I can't believe I'm saying. Get one. I had it with a glass of Schlenkerla Helles, (I might of spelled that wrong) and it was the first time I had real german beer and you know what? It was perfect.After we were done, we walked down to the old haunt, The Ugly Dog saloon for a beer, kind of for old time's sake -- we spent a...different kind of evening there and even through it was not my real birthday it was still great. The prices were okay, the selection was okay -- just okay -- and while some of the people in the restaurant were very nice, there were some annoyingly impatient regulars who just didn't want anyone to get between them and their Friday night routine because they had to have it right now! I was also kind of jarred by the big "Buy Local" sign and all the non local products produce. Nice idea overall, but I'll pass.Saturday, I went home and hit the Giant Eagle Farmer's Market, looking for an idea for a snacktime/dinner. I wound up with some great double-smoked bacon and hydroponic tomatoes and made BLTs (which rocked) on Le Bus bread.

Sunday? I woke up feeling crappy, didn't sing, and spent the afternoon cleaning the house and playing with the neighbor’s cat. Had some more Nugget Nectar with dinner -- "beefy soba noodles," which looked like something a Klingon would eat, but tasted pretty good -- and then read some until I passed out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home