Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weeks worth of posting

In the past week in a half I set a new record, I have been biking everday. Last Friday I bicycled into work then on the way home I took the Riverview trail up to the Southside Works then turned down 26th street and then onto Jane to my street. I would have to say from morning commute to the afternoon extended commute I must of rolled about 22 miles! My legs felt as if it was more but it was exhilarating! On Saturday I simply rolled up Jane then turned down 26th in the direction of the UPMC works – yeah it’s the sports complex the Steelers practice at. I was somewhat sadden I saw no celebrities going to practice but it was so nice out it did not bother me. I then reversed course and rode all the way to station square Sunday was much the same but this entire week at work I used my bicycle to get to work. I actually made it to work at least 20 minutes early which was sort of new because walking I would sometimes come in about five minute late. Of course my co workers made fun of me coming via bike and some even promised to pimp my ride … add tassels to my handle bars, a basket to the front and a license plate with my name on it on the back and they even promised to add a headlight to the front that’s powered by my pedaling. Can you picture it? It’s all in fun!

I noticed all the walking I have done in the pass year actually has done wonders for my physical being. In 2005 I really porked up, I could no longer fit in my pants and had to go up a size or two but now my pants are very loose and baggy. I now need to tighten my belt and find that when I do it bunches the waist up on the sides and puffs out everywhere. Same goes for my shirts when I tuck my shirt into my pants it puffs out and if I do not tick in, it like wearing a tent. So I now need some new clothing, I thought about going to Walmart but I do not like the cut of their clothing and I also do not like how after three washing the short collars go all goofy and the pants… I just do not like Walmart clothing cause it yells “cheap-o.” So I was doing some comparative shopping last week and found that Old Navy is the best alternative. Yes you get stylish clothing at a affordable rate! I got three new pairs of jeans that have that dirty look, you know the style and three new shirts. Just call me pimp daddy! I be sportin’ a new look now! I did buy one pair of Khaki pants for work but now that I am not so FAT I can fit my old causal dress pants and shirts again so that is AWESOME.

I got a new goal 15 more pounds and 2 more inches and I would be happy. Oh I almost forgot I am taking the advice of a friend, my next vacation is Costa Rica again but this time I got a secret agenda. If you recall my previous post in which I discussed the advice from Anthony about … well go back and read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home