Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Shhhhhhh can you hear that?

A picture is worth a thousand words! The first Pittsburgh Steeler game! The beloved Steelers will take on the Cardinals on Saturday August 12, 2006, @ 4:05 PM in Cardinals Stadium. Over the last several weeks I have reviewed all of the Steeler players that were unfamiliar to me, which was basically all except Big Ben, Troy and the Bus because up until last season I was not so into the game. Did not get into it until hummmm the last eight weeks when they become the ROAD WARRIORS. Anyway those reviews are scattered over half-a-dozen web sites and blogs. With the approach of the first preseason game I think it is time to reorganize all of those fine sites I read into a single thought of my own which I can then consult as the rest of training camp unfolds. I hope others find this comment interesting as well. How about it Brian are you as excited as I am? Of course we will have to wait until Sunday, Sept 24th for the first game between the Steelers and Bengals.

Gimme two large on Pittsburgh

Various sports lines have opened with the Steelers as 3-point underdogs for Saturday night's preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals. I know because I got a insideman in Vegas!

This, is going to be a Blog 'n' Gold shortly, and it's not sheer lunacy after all I do live in the capital of STEELER COUNTRY. The funny thing, the defending Super Bowl champions are underdogs to the Cardinals. (Although frankly, any team being an underdog to the Cardinals -- in any capacity -- is absurd on its face, but that's another matter.) So here is a tip. If you bet against the Steelers this coming Saturday then chances will be good you will pay up to these gents that will come collecting. What Blog 'n' Gold can't wrap its small blog around is the fact that Vegas oddsmakers can and do offer lines on a preseason game, presumably with a straight face. Furthermore, the notion that someone would wager beer money -- let alone a mortgage payment -- on the hopes that Omar Jacobs thus far has sufficient grasp of the Whisenhunt offense that he can successfully lead 10 other scrubinskis -- most of whom will never crack the practice squad -- down the field to paydirt, is, well ... dumb? Of course, Scott doesn't gamble on sports so maybe I am way off on this. Anyone besides the hopelessly addicted or fabulously wealthy betting on the game this weekend? Buisness will be good for Anthony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home