Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Stupidly busy week, fun weekend

You may have noticed my lack of blogging recently, and in fact my distinct lack of online activity. This has been due almost entirely to the amount of hours I have been putting into work I got assigned to work along with a few others on the conversion project. (Shhhh we are converting another bank over to our side) The bank keeps me busy! It is a good busy not a bad busy like taking endless call after call about why the powers-that-be shut their account off! I’ve had a few tight deadlines lately for some of the project milestones and with the lending officer away on holiday or some stupid stuff. I have been entirely responsible for the direction of everything this last week. I’m very glad I took on the extra tasks though, my work with conversion group has been stimulating and enjoyable, and its great to be so deep into a project so soon, even if it has been a steep learning curve.

When the weekend came around through it was time to really put the busy week behind me and we held another big party on the Friday. What happen was this I joined a club and our first new member happy hour was down in Margarita Mamas in Station square, afterwards we walked over to watch the outdoor concerts. Amazingly the weather afforded us a dry evening if not a bit humid for the concert and BBQ which extended into a warm dry night where the beer flowed freely and the music played loudly. Although a little more rowdy than our last party (due mainly to the attendance of a large proportion of the university rock society) it was great fun. I’d also invited Tonya and friend but she could not come this time. I was sad about that, but the chance to make a few new friends was well worth it!

As the saying goes; work hard, play hard. I certainly managed it last week!

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger It's Me said...

Good for you! What's this secret drinking group you joined.. It's not an over aged frat is it?? LOL How "Old School"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home