Monday, August 20, 2007

Murphy's Law

This past weekend I had an encounter with Murphy’s Law again. Murphy’s Law states that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong, and at the worst time possible. My experience with Murphy has prompted me to develop a strategy for keeping him from messing me up ever again. Here’s my three-pronged strategy for dealing with Murphy whenever he shows up. I call it the ABC’s of dealing with Murphy:

1. Anticipate what might go wrong
Whenever Murphy strikes I rarely am ready to deal with the situation. I may have prepared for the tasks but I am hardly ever ready for the detours. My game plan should be to anticipate what might go wrong so that when it does go wrong, I can deal effectively with it.

2. Bring yourself to a state of calmness
Murphy has a tendency of leaving me in a panic because of the element of surprise. I need to consciously make the choice of staying calm. Getting frustrated or angry about the situation never helps it only makes it worse. Being in a state of calmness will allow me to think clearly and resolve the situation = a little postive thinking.

3. Create systems that allow for success
Success in any endeavor is all about having the right systems. Taking a look at the systems around me, outside of the bars. Everything around me should be geared towards bringing me and you success in our endeavors.

And finally if the steps fail to ahieve the desired result shoot Murphy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home