Saturday, July 07, 2007

Ever feel like you want to just quit?

I'm in my thirties, and I've been fighting my weight all my life.

I really really really am not a naturally active person. I decided I was going to be an active person, and I was doing all these things every day but especially biking. I got wiped out. Then the 4th hit, and I took a couple of days off.

Then I ate--my God--the most delicious pizza I ever had, and my mouth is still watering when I think about it. Oh yesterday after I got home from work I had to walk up to Ritas for a Italian Ice, I passed on the custard but the large icee was root beer flavored.

I said I would get back to 1800 calories, and I'm doing it.

But... I'm tired. I am a size 36, that is my waist size. I'm healthy then I had been. I eat right, been eating right. I cut out fast food, no more Wendy’s. I am not as active as I should be, but I do a lot of reading, writing on the computer, paperwork (I'm a banker).

I just want to quit. I want to be ok with being fat, and I'm not, and I'm just tired of beating myself up and pushing and pushing, and I'm tired of that personal trainer inside me that's a on steroids and a fake tan and a fake smile yelling at me everytime I want something no healthy. Where did he come from, and how can I exorcise him before he exercises me to death?

Will I be saying, "Get up, Scott, get your walker, and get on your bike, and no cake!" when I'm 70? Is this the life I want?

2 Comments:

At 4:19 AM, Blogger kaz said...

food - healthy is the better way, also proportion. Needless to say just buying low fat is better then anything else

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger It's Me said...

I hear ya!!! I drag my ass to the gym like everyone else. Balance is the key and although i'm not losing weight, I am able to maintain my weight, which a lot of people haven't seemed to be able to do as the years have gone on... I also don't beat myself up for the indulgences - life is too short to deprive yourself, but overindulgence is not good either.. Again, it's a work in progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home