Saturday, June 30, 2007

Catching up

Well, life has been pretty busy lately. As I stated before, I'm really liking banking. It's been awhile now and it feels like I've been there for much longer. Everyone has been commenting on how well I'm fitting in too, so that kinda makes it easier...since it is a new job and everything. Well not really, not anymore but I did transition from small business to the corporate side so I guess it is new again? Anyway, it keeps me busy and I really enjoy it. So, by the time I get home, all I wanna do is go to bed. Unfortunately my noisy new tenants like to party, I surly miss good old Kelly. She was the tenant that rented the unit above me, we sort of had a agreement, you see I worked days and she worked nights, she was a nursing student. Anyway I would not make noise to wake her up when I was leaving in the morning and she would not make noise to disturb me at night when she got home. That all change with Mr. And Ms. Party animals. I do not mind being loud on a Friday or Saturday but Sunday, Monday and Wednesday too?! Oh well them are the breaks, besides in the morning I can listen to my stero as loud as I want and sometimes I even forget to shut it off when I go to work. ~ Smile ~ anyway I have given serious consideration to moving. After this summer I will be returning to finish my masters, if I apply myself and go full time I can graduate by next fall. I can do it, and then it means finding another new job, I thought about it. Teaching jobs are hard to come by in the state of Pennsylvania. KC is right this whole region is economically depressed and dieing. Few if any good job exists for someone without experience; we are not considered the rust belt for nothing. I do have a connection that I could use to help me with a major transition in my life. I have spoken to her a few times, and I have numerous emails that she sent providing guidance to how I can earn a professional certificate to teach in another state. I can land a JOB offer before I even move and that would make moving easier. Especially since I know I will be working. The stress of working in a summer training session then afterwards of having to interview for a jobs well at the same time trying to build a new life in a strange town was one factor that kept me from taking that previous opportunity. I closed that door, but I also opened another when I met the recruiter. I have to stay focus on the goal. The goal that can give me the fresh start I have wanted all my life. I can not allow myself to fall back into that old thought pattern of self-doubt and self-pity. The goal is what I have to stay focus on. The goal!

My weekends are usually so busy/hectic with stuff that I don't get a chance to rest, I have made it a point to do something, anything even if it just biking on the trail. My roommate once said I was always around the house. At work ever since I started corporate accounts, I've been trying to make a point to not do anything on the weekends so I can rest. So far, it's working out. This weekend will be pretty low key. Tonight I'm just laying around trying to catch up on TiVo not really I do not own TiVo Anyway, tomorrow I am going to the gym – yes I found that I can still access the gym even after I successfully fought and won my dispute with that gym! Alright for me! Sunday morning, I'll probably pick a few things up around the apartment, go the grocery store, and take a nap then drive out to my Mother’s to celebrate my brother’s birthday. Monday night, I was invited to a party, yes can you believe it? A coworker is having a little get together with Beckie and RJ, but I am probably going to bail after an hour or so and go home. I have really not been in a mood to be around people in general, can not explain just want to be alone.

That's about it really. Next week things should slow down a bit at work. With the months end and also quarter end now being over and all. I am expecting a rather messy loan coming back to me from audit, oh yeah it was one of those grey issue type things.

Well, I think that's about it. I'm really surprised it's July already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home