Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday thoughts

I mananged to get the work done so my books are cleared, I also have been biking to work every this week except Wednesday and that was only because I had to visit my advisor after work. On Thursday I recived a living it award at the bank, basically ai got a small bonus for a job well done. There are times that I wish That I could stop everything and take a moment and examine issues in life then after I have examined those issues then have a opportunity to re-do it but this time do it in a way that gets a better result. I was spending sometime before work thinking about things... sorry did not mean to bore you.

The President of the USA is in town today, he will be speaking at Saint Vincent College in Labrobe, PA. Is it just me or does anyone else agree that this President is perhaps the worse President this nation has had since Herbert Hoover? With popularity now at 31 and dropping it appears this President has spent his "political capital" he boasted about having after the 2004 election. Isn't in a democracy the government - i.e. the President that sets policy be concerned with what the citizens of that democracy wants? If the majority wants change, wants improvements with the nation does not the President owe it to the citizens and provide it? And not ignore the people's wants and needs? Great nations do not fall from threats from external sources - great nations fall when the representatives stop lestening to the citizens and treat their jobs as a source of revenue and the people stop caring about what it means to be citizens of said democracy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home