Monday, April 30, 2007

You make up the title for this one

The writer of this blog conclude her lastings entry with "And, to close... I want to go on a date - a good date!!" I got me thinking, I would like to go on one good date this year too. Where did all the good women go? Okay on to other matters shall we... I don’t believe much in wise sayings but this one sure did come true. “The best laid plans often go astray!”

Well I had tall plans for this weekend, which was dismantled block by block by the new job! Hey but I can deal with it, you see the have been offereing overtime - a great deal of it. Why, you ask? My company - an bank - 10th largest in the nation has just completed the purchase of two other regional banks in Florida and we were very busy converting all their loan files over to our system. yes things at the bank was going pretty fine, till the point I thought “Hey hold on a sec, I have a break this weekend!” I guess that should have the starting point of all the things, coz after that all my plans went down the drain…

I woke up beaming on a beautiful Friday morning (Fridays are always beautiful - am i right?), the drudgery of work, but alas that wasn’t to be. I was given a rude shake by a phone call (My team mate) informing me that we are supposed to be at meeting by 9 and it was already 7:15am. I start at 7am, my power was out and my radio did not wake me up. I was dragging my feet to my luxurious bathroom (Should take the time here to boast about my flat: The place is an absolute dream, with a large single bedroom with the view of the gardens and room service to take care of meals, it couldn’t get better.) The shower felt unusually very good and comforting, but the phone rang again!! Damn, already I am late, from then on things were on fast forward mode. Mad rush to the closet, selecting something that looks like a jean and a shirt and running to the gourmet kitchen at speed of light to get some omlette and Corn-flakes, (a.k.a. slimfast shake) Things were going just as messed-up as expected! I finally get to work about 45 minutes late but all was cool as ... well see here they have what they call flex time so really I have no start time. If I am late i need only tostay and make up the time. I am still getting use to that. The joke was on me but hey I gopt to work in plenty of time for the meeting. The over time pay should be in my next pay and it should be NICE.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger It's Me said...

Thanks for quotting my blog - and if we lived closer, I'd say let's go on a date, and no matter what, make it a good one :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home