Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Random thoughts this afternoon

It’s not my practice to be particularly personal in this blog, but since the main subjects I cover are … who am I kidding! Of course I get personal on my blog after all that is why I call it My Thoughts!

I am a writer or at least as for as this blog is concerned I am. To teach is my primary calling in life; I want to teach different things. I write lessons plans and design curriculum, but until recently I never had a opportunity to take one of my lesson plans and deliver it to an audience of children. Yesterday I did! It was amazing; I spent almost a half hour giving a lecture to 5th graders on the topic of geography. Yes I did very well if I am allowed to toot my own horn. Now you might be asking yourself are you finally a teacher? No not at this point yesterday was a day that I had to spend observing a class but I was allowed by the teacher to deliver a part of her lesson. Was it not nice of her? I was a bit nervous but after the first couple of minutes of feeling awkward and with the usual feeling that they are judging me I felt more at ease. I did a fine job teaching my pro-western variety of propaganda.

Work is fine, today I went on line on my company’s intranet, not to be confused with internet and posted for three positions within the bank. I am hoping I get one cause it would be nice to have a sense that I am moving up the chain.

I have another thought creeping up in me, the thought is this. I want to teach, but things are going well at the bank can I really afford to take a pay cut at this point in my life? I have been thinking my final general courses will be done and I have to pick a track what if instead of picking the state certification track I pick the college teaching track? Same number of courses, same outcomes only differences my students will be older and not young one? And I can teach at night well continuing to work as a banker. Some great benefits working for a large university… then again am I up to that big of a challenge?

Oh update on the Pittsburgh Penguins, my hometown hockey team… they made the play offs and tonight is a big night for them, yes the deciding game! Can they pull out a win?! I say can they pull out a win?!

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger It's Me said...

Hey Scott!
I'm in Canada actually. And the show I was watching was The Office on NBC :) I Love it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home