Monday, June 26, 2006

An rollercoaster of fun this weekend

Ahh the weekend… what did I do? Well for starters on Friday night I ended up staying late at work then afterwards I went to happy hour with the new coworkers. It was fun but something was missing that night, I could not stay out late too as I had to get up early the next day for a picnic at Kennywood – I was meeting my family there and we had it planned for weeks in advance. I rode the log jammer with my nephews, Andrew (9) and Alex (6) they had fun splashing and then we rode a few more rides but nothing as large as that but there was one ride called … The Big plunge I think, or was it the Pittsburgh plunge - no sure but anyway my nephews made a game of running up to the railing waiting for the new car loaded with people to come down the hill then running away from the resulting splash. Well the last time down they were preparing to run when I sneaked up behind them and grabbed them and held them up for the oncoming splash – we all got drenched. It fun, spent most of Saturday there then I left when my brother and his boys did leaving my sister and her son and my oldest nephew Paul there with his friends. Oh by the way my oldest nephew Paul he graduated highschool Its also the same school I graduated from way back in the day! A couple of weeks back and at his graduation he got a small fortunate about 3000 dollars with the money he purchased himself a car – a used car but his first car. I got to see it first hand, reminded me of my first car an 1991 Ford Mustang, it was ugly to look at with rust spot, paint chipped away and the roof which was a convertible was so badly dried rotted that when I put the roof back up I had to physically lay on it to force it down then reached underneath to latch it back in place. I purchased it for 600 dollars, had to put another 400 into it and it lasted about two years before it finally died on me and then I went for a Saturn SL1 not long after I got that one I traded that in for the Saturn ION Quade Coupe hummmmm will this be my next car?

1 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger kaz said...

sounds like you had a great weekend - I would imagine it would be fun with nephews! Glad to read it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home