Sunday, September 10, 2006

Shawn, Casey, Kimie and one dead Dolphin

Thursday night I went to the locker room to watch the first game of the season with some people from work and also my brother showed up ... his new girl had a final exam - she is aiming to become a registered nurse so he was chic-less that night. We met Casey - oh yeah that night it was confirmed that the Locker Room is owned by Heinz Ward. Anyway besides Shawn, Casey and a few other fanatic Steeler fans there was also Kimie... Kimie was so nice. She might only be 23 but she acted very mature for her age and best of all she gave no guilt trip about having someone spend money on her so as Casey explained that was refreshing. The game was good, 3rd half ended badly for the Steelers but they pulled it together and rallied to win 28 to 17. The Pittsburgh Steelers needed two big plays from unlikely sources to pull out a season-opening victory behind their backup quarterback - Charlie Batch. Maybe Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban should be flagged for a costly delay, too. As the Tight end Heath Miller chugged his way down the Steelers' sideline on an 87-yard touchdown pass play midway through the fourth quarter, fill-in QB Charlie Batch's third scoring pass of the game, and the Super Bowl champions beat the Dolphins 28-17. Only Miller didn't really score - TV replays clearly showed him stepping out between the 2 and 1-yard lines. However, Saban waited until too late to throw his red challenge flag, which fell to the turf sight unseen behind and referee watching the extra point kick. That meant the Steelers didn't have to try to get the ball into the end zone from short yardage. I am looking forwards to September 24th because on that day the Steelers take on the Bengals.

The game was good, Thursday night was awesome but Saturday night was not so good. I fell into old ways of thinking again. It's like if i have to spend more then two days alonhe I go into one of my darken moods... banker happy hours are only planned to celebrate end of month deadline and unless there is a game there are no banker happy hours planned. Why is it so hard to change internal thought processes? I can change if push comes to shove, I proven I could do it when I quit one job that I came to hate I can change but what is hard is to change thqat internal thought process. I felt lonely Saturday night and I did something dum really dum that today I am ashamed of.

3 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger kaz said...

what did you do?

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger brian said...

9/24 and 12/31 (Last game of the season). Mark them on your calendar. Might as well mark them in the L column too.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Scott said...

No it's going down in the W column...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home