Saturday, September 30, 2006

Month’s end

Guess who had his six month review at work? Yep it was me. It went well, I mean I still got to watch my pre-quailty errors but it went well. My formal review will be at my first year anniversary but the whats unque is I got to write my own review then defend it to upper manangerment. Never had to do that before but it seems like a interesting challenge that I am looking forwards to. On to main topic month’s end is always a busy time at the bank there is a policy that any and all loans received by my department by 3pm has to be coded and on the system before anyone leaves for the day. It was challenging but I more then pulled my weight that day because I managed to complete eight loan packages that day. One them was especially messy cause it was a modification of a original and he got to “play” with what’s already on the system to get it to work the way the new agreement reads. I did just that – can’t wait for next week to see how audit likes it! J I did get one loan back Friday from audit that they say was full of errors but there was a senior employee that looked it over and was like “no it is not wrong it is right, I told him.” So I think that is going back as error free, yeah chalk one up for me!

Besides the bank, my on going quest to achieve my ultimate goal of teaching is coming along. It is not as smooth as I thought it would be, I transferred my graduate credits back to Point Park University because they recently developed a program where I can get my masters in education but also earn state certification. The State of Pennsylvania recently reengineer the requirements for all teachers – the bottom-line is this I can not earn a masters in education and state certification together. I can complete all my course work to earn that coverted certification and then additional nine credits after I complete that program for my masters. That is one option I have but the other option they gave me is I can earn a post-baccalaureate degree in education and my graduate credits can easily convert to any of the course work at that undergrad level. I was thinking of doing just that because it is less money … my advisor told me that I can think about it. I can take all of this term and if I decide on the post-bac. The graduate credits will be accepted as courses for any of the undergrad course work. Or you think I should transfer back to Duquesne University? I think I am going to stay the course at Point Park!

I was talking to Victoria again, just chit-chat about stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home