Thursday, September 28, 2006

Maybe they won't notice

So at work today I was batching out - batching out is bascially balancing your accounts. I do not touch money, not the kind that we all love and want but I move money via financial transactions Anyway the day was winding down so I was batching out and I noticed that my figures are not adding up. I was out of balance. Not good when you work for a bank and it was not just a couple of dollars it was $300,000.00 so I said to myself,"crap what I do?" Then for a split second I thought, maybe they will not notice then reality dawned on me - of course it will be noticed so I resolved to find out exactly what I did to be out of balance so I reviewed my transactions and realized that I did not take down the disbursement for the one loan. Whoa was that a relief! The past few days were fun at te bank but more importantly I had date number three with Victoria.

Who is Victoria? She is someone that I am getting to know well. I met her using that online personal site, you know the one - match.com. I emailed her first and she responded, and neither had a photo of the other we exchanged about three emails then it was time to exchange photos so I went first and was a bit concerned on her response because you see I do not consider myself a handsome man. Anyway she responded with her photo and we then talked for a bit on the phone as time progressed we agreed to meet. The first date was very informal, we just met for coffee at Starbucks - I took a tip from my brother and the second date was more formal or so I planned it anyway. The second date was going to end before it even got started cause her babysitter canceled on her at the last moment so it was still earlier enough I suggested her daughter tag alone. We ended up going to the Children's Musuem then had out dinner at - Wendys. Afterwards we went back to her place and her little one went to bed and we stayed up talking. It was indeed a nice evening. The third date was just the two of us and it was a night that was or will be longed remeber. :) I do not mind her having a child, in fact as I get to know her I think that is awesome. Most single mothers - heck I know married fathers that do not take the role as a parent serious instead of being home with their kids they are out at a bar. Anyway there is still a part of me when I am with her that feels she is so out of my league, she beautiful and I am well I am not a a handsome man. She is also fairly successful in her career she works as a administrative assistant for a local law firm in downtown Pittsburgh. If you catch my drift I like her but I feel as if I am holding myself back because I am fearful of being dumped. The other part of me is I am not stettled into my career, I have only been with the bank for six months and before that I was with FedEx and my dream job is teaching. At this time I am just starting to make decent money and I guess I expect women to look at that and judge me harshly. Now Victoria or Vika as she perfers to be called gave me no indication that is something she is looking at it just me. Am I being to critical of myself? I wanted to ask her out again for this Saturday but we talked the other day and she mentioned she has her daughter this Saturday and plans on spending the day with her as she only gets her every other weekend. I am not sure fi I should even be talking about her on my blog at some point she will get the url.

4 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger kaz said...

don't give her the link! Let her get to know you in person rather then on the net I mean you've meet up.
If you know she will read your blog don't you think it's better that she knows what she's getting into before hand?
sorry if this sounds harsh - only my opinion

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Ummm you saying let her know the side of me I put forth in our encounter before letting her see the inside mess that I am?

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger kaz said...

Not like that - more like let her find out in time what sort of person you are - no need to rush things.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Your right no need to rush things, its just that i get the impression she is hiding something

 

Post a Comment

<< Home