Saturday, January 01, 2011

A New Year

Making New Year resolutions is a cleansing ritual of self assessment and repentance.
For all the wrong doings that I have done throughout the year, forgive me. Some might say, Blame the devil. He made me do them. Honest... And the good deeds that I have done were all from this humble self. No bluffing... For this New Year my wish is the same like any other new year. I wish for life fulfillment, lots of happiness, abundance of wealth and of course the best of health.

I am no Nostradamus. I can't predict what will happen in the future. But it's going to be a new chapter of my life, a new journey to be taken. Turbulence or not, I'll stay on course.... God willing I shall stay on course and where will that journey end? I don't know. A journey's End is the state of mind wherein I realize that nothing about me has changed at all, its more of a personal perspective. And yet, from this or any new point of view, my world and my own self appear in unfamiliar territory.

It is like taking a side step and, gaining an angle on the scenery, and discovering there is another side to it all that is quite different from the face of reality in which I had come to know every line and wrinkle.

This additional information does not invalidate my own past understandings, but adds to them. Every event in my life is still as it was, but now there is extra meaning. The gears that have propelled me on earlier quests are suddenly seen as wheels within wheels, and every object that seemed so palpable becomes three dimensional as it extends from being a flat prop to gain the attribute of depth.

At Journey's End I feel that I will see that everything is as it should be and all components are in their proper places. And so, a new kind of endeavor emerges. It is not yet another expedition into uncharted lands, but a revisiting of every path I have taken previously. Each key event, insight, or trauma that I had earlier experienced, considered, and resolved is now known to be only partially grasped. In all honestly I cannot fully comprehend my own nature without re-examining it in this new light.

Journey's End is not a destination at which I arrive, it is process of looking back at the journey through the eyes of wisdom to seek enlightenment. First there is a mountain, than there is no mountain, then there is. At times I can't step into the same river twice. To become enlightened is not to come full circle, but full spiral.

This, then, is a story of my reflections on a journey already taken, and the insights I may discover along the road to "knowhere". Happy New Year to all that reads and understands my ramblings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home